Since the process of obtaining mortgage assistance could be long and complicated, the more engaged and responsive you are, the smoother it will likely be. It’s your responsibility to:
- Proactively communicate with your mortgage company
- Open and respond to all solicitation letters and phone calls from your mortgage company. However, be aware of
mortgage modification scams.
Keep a contact log
- Submit documents to your mortgage company
- Keep copies of all documents you submit to your mortgage company
- Update your documentation every 30 days (if necessary)