The Homeowner’s HOPETM Hotline provides free, comprehensive foreclosure assistance and housing counseling services around-the-clock. Call now to get assistance with questions you might have about getting help with your mortgage and to see if you qualify for the Making Home Affordable® Program.
When you call 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) your call is answered promptly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, in over 170 languages. You will have the opportunity to speak live with a housing expert.
Be Prepared Before You Call
In order to assist you, the housing expert will need to gather some information from you. Have the following documents handy:
- Information about your first mortgage, such as your monthly mortgage statement.
- Information about any second mortgage or home equity line of credit on the house.
- Information about the monthly gross (before tax) income of all household members contributing to pay the mortgage, including recent pay stubs if you receive them or documentation of income you receive from other sources.
- Information about your savings and other assets.
- Account balances and minimum monthly payments due on all of your credit cards.
- Account balances and monthly payments on all your other debts such as student loans and car loans.
- Your most recent income tax return.
- It may also be helpful to have: A letter describing any circumstances that caused your income to be reduced or expenses to be increased (job loss, divorce, illness, etc.), if applicable.
I Am Working with My Servicer on a Modification and Need Extra Help
If you are currently working with your servicer on a Making Home Affordable Modification and have additional questions or need assistance following up with your mortgage servicer, call 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) and ask for “MHA Help” to escalate your case.