Call 888-995-HOPE (4673) for free, comprehensive foreclosure assistance and
housing counseling services around-the-clock. Call now to get assistance with questions you might have about getting help with your mortgage and to see if you are eligible for the Making Home Affordable® Program.
When you call 888-995-HOPE (4673) your call is answered promptly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, in over 170 languages. You will have the opportunity to speak live with a housing expert.
Be Prepared Before You Call
In order to assist you, the housing expert will need to gather some information from you. Have as many of the following documents on hand as possible:
- Monthly mortgage statement
- Information about other mortgages on your home, if applicable
- Two most recent pay stubs for all household members contributing toward mortgage payment
- Last two years of tax returns
- If self-employed, the most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement
- Documentation of income you receive from other sources (alimony, child support, social security, etc.)
- Two most recent bank statements
- A utility bill showing homeowner name and property address
- Unemployment insurance letter, if applicable
- Account balances and minimum monthly payments due on all of your credit cards
- Information about your savings and other assets
- It may also be helpful to have: A letter describing any circumstances that caused your income to be reduced or expenses to be increased (job loss, divorce, illness, etc.) if applicable
Working With Your Servicer but Need Extra Help?
If you are currently working with your servicer on a Making Home Affordable ® Modification and have additional questions or need assistance following up with your mortgage servicer, call 888-995-HOPE (4673) and ask for "MHA ® Help" to escalate your case.